Sunday, March 11, 2012

9 weeks

As of today there are only nine weeks left in Italy.  I can’t believe how fast the semester is going by.  This week is midterms!  After is spring break, then my mom visits, and after there will only be five weeks left.  Plus I have my Easter break trip, my trip to Rome with Emily and my Swiss Alps trip with the school!  So much to look forward to :]

This past week went by pretty fast.  I was working a lot of midterms projects and studying for tests.  I finished my midterm project for photo, fresco and installation and I will include pictures bellow :]  I’m nervous about the tests but I have tonight and tomorrow to study so I think I will do well. 

Thursday after my installation class Emily and I went to a free pasta workshop held by the school.  We made two types of homemade pasta Tagliatelle al Pomodoro and Tortelli Mugellani.  The first is basically noodles with a homemade tomato sauce and the second is like ravioli stuffed with mashed potatoes and cheese and sautéed in a butter and oregano sauce.  They were delicious!  I can’t wait to make them for my family and Bradey!  My favorite part was mixing the egg and flour to make the dough.  I took some videos but they are taking a while to upload to youtube so Ill put the links up as soon as they are done!    

Friday I had a very relaxing day.  I slept in and went for a run.  Then I went to Ashley’s to book our spring break!  We are going to Naples, Pompeii, Sorento, and Amafli – five days and four nights.  We are staying in two wonderful (and cheap) bed and breakfasts!  There is a zoo in Naples too.  I am so excited.  We booked the rooms and got our train tickets there and back.  I’m also looking into going to London and Dublin over my Easter break but we will see how my finances play out.  After I booked spring break I went to the photolab to finish printing for my midterm.  I went to dinner with my friend Matt at Ganzo and skyped Bradey.

Saturday was another relaxing day.  I went to the studio with Matt to help him finish his installation project and after we walked around Florence and explored the other side of the river.  I made sure to bring my camera along.  We went to the Boboli Gardens, got gelato twice (I got lemon the first time and white chocolate with pistachios the next time), and found some cool vintage shops and museums.  I have so many I need to go to!  Luckily I bought a museum card through the school that permits free entrance for almost all of the museums in Florence.  Later we went to dinner with my friends Ashley and Charity who told us about their vespa tour that day.  I was pretty envious.  It sounded like they had a blast.  We went to a “Mexican” restaurant for dinner.  I had a chicken quesadilla and chips and salsa.  Not the best but hey it works.  I can’t wait to come home and have authentic American Mexican food (hehe).  After we all came back to my apartment and watched a movie and then I went to sleep. 

Today I went for a run and Emily and I took a few study breaks to get pizza and go to Zara.  I didn’t buy anything but they had some wonderful shoes…and bags…and dresses…and heals…and jewelry!  I looked for a dress for my sister’s bridal shower but didn’t see anything I liked.  Ill have to check H&M.  I’ve also been working on midterm stuff and my blog!  I’m stressed about midterms but I know Ill do fine.

Fun fact from the weekend:  Nutella and Pinocchio were invented in Florence :]     

Im so excited for my mom to visit.  I think we might visit our relatives and go to Venice.  I also have so much we can do in Florence.  I just want to show her the best time since this is the Motherland for her!  I wish my dad could come too.  I just can’t believe I am so lucky to have parents like them. 

Video from the pasta workshop.  She is talking about butter...I didn't get the lead in...stupid ipod!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsTqXVDAyA&feature=youtu.be

Midterm projects:











1 comment: