Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breathe Me

Slow weekend.  The weeks have been going by pretty quickly especially when we travel on the weekends but this weekend went by pretty slow.  I had my installation class on Thursday night which I love.  I enjoy spending time with my classmates – Phil, Arthur, Matt and Jessica.  I finally got started on my semester project.  It is going to take some work!  But I think it will look great once it is done.  I have to document my work for my portfolio so once I have more work done on it I will post some pictures.  I think Lukash likes my idea though (He is Czech, hence the spelling of his name)
Friday we went to a castle (Volognano Castle) that is now used as a winery.  “It lies in the Chianti hills just 15 km from Florence.  The castle dates back to the 11th century and has hosted illustrious people from the time of Dante and Petrarca to Enrico Fermi”  We toured the fields and learned about the history of the castle as well as things about wine like how the soil and distillation effect tastes and smells, etc.  The scenery was beautiful and it was a wonderful day – in the 60s with no clouds and a light breeze.  We got to taste three of the wines (two red and one white) and an olive oil that are made there as well.  We also got some food to go with our wines to show us how pairing food and wine has an effect on taste.  My favorite was the Baccante red.   It had a very rich leathery and tobacco smell and made the mouth dry so it would be good with red meat.  Fun fact:  pair white wine with greasy foods :]  After the wine tasting we had free time to enjoy the weather and the scenery.  I took pictures for my film class.  O I forgot they had a domestic pig named speca …which is an Italian cold cut.  Reminded me of Shena’s future pet pig she wants to name Kevin Bacon.  We also went to a designer mall with stores like Gucci and Prada, etc.  I looked around, obviously didn’t buy anything and laid in the sun.  When we got back to Florence, Em and I stopped in a vintage shop on the way back to our apartment.  I found a present for my sister for her wedding!  And a cute pink cardigan with hearts on it.  I’m excited to show Bradey’s mom since she loves pink.
Saturday I didn’t feel much so I didn’t do much of anything.  Went on a run and watched law and order SVU on my laptop.  In the evening I went on a walk then went with my friends Charity, Ashley and Shannon to The Diner – an American Style burger place.  The opened in 2004 and were the first American style restaurant in Florence.  It is just right down the road…this could be a problem!  They also sell breakfast all day and American desserts like apple pie, milk shakes and blueberry muffins.  I got a bacon cheeseburger, French fries and a milk shake!  It was so delicious, real cheddar cheese and everything.  I was stuffed.  I got to meet some more new friends as well since Ashley, Charity and Shannon were with a group of ISA students.  I don’t know what ISA stands for but it’s a study abroad program.  ISU has their own program so we don’t have a group….which is a disadvantage because it seems like the ISA students make friends easier.  ISA also covers a lot of universities so it is not just a few universities or areas of the US.  After dinner we parted ways.  I walked with Charity and Ashley since they only live literally a few blocks from me.  We stopped at a shop that had llama and alpaca …merchandise.  I bought some llama earrings and we got pictures with a stuffed llama lol.  I skyped Bradey and Sarah too.  Overall it was a great evening. 











































Today I slept in and did my usual Sunday stuff – went on a run, did laundry, went to Billa to get groceries, blogged and I still have to do some homework but I’m not too worried about it.  I always get everything done.  Plus I have tomorrow!    
Ps sorry if some of these pictures are upside down or the content doesn't make sense.  I tried to flip them but they didn't save.  Some are pictures of just random things I saw on my walk.  Enjoy :]

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair in a bun. You look like your dad and a little like me too. I really like the black and white photo and the chanel one.

    Did you like your fries? They call those chunky chips in Ireland and were always under-cooked.

    I hope you have a good week. Don't allow any down time. Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mama :] Haha dad as a little girl? I think I have some of your looks as well.

    Yeah they were pretty good. Love the name! I put lots of condaments on them as well though.

    I will try. I went to Verona today with a friend and I have a field trip friday so Ill keep busy :] I have amazing news. Dad will share with you if I don't get to you first. love love love you

    ReplyDelete