Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday February 22

I had my Italian and Fresco classes today.  I actually enjoyed my fresco class today which is unusual.  Its usually pretty boring but I think things are going to pick up soon :]  We did an entire fresco process today on a 20x20 cm tile.  We mixed the lime and sand, made the first layer of mortar - arrechio, the second layer - velo as well as made outlines and cartoons and finally painted our tiles.  I just did a geometric patterns because that was the original assignment.  In fresco your colors are limited by what the tile can absorb so you are pretty much stuck with earth tones but you can manipulate them.  After class I stoped by the Duomo and bought some bracelets from a vendor that finally opened back up now that the weather is warm.  I'm excited to give them to people on my present list :]  And the vendor gave me a deal!  I went to the gym, the photolab and out to eat with my friend from my installation class.  We went to Kitch for aperitivo.  They usually do these on Wednesday evenings.  Bars and sometimes restaurants set up buffets with cheeses, breads, crackers, pastas, desserts, etc and will give deals so if you buy a drink you can eat at the buffet.  Aperitivo is meant to stimulate the apetite but most people usually just end up eating the food as dinner.  The one at Kitch was huge!  The most food I have eaten probably since I have been here and it was all delicious! 











2 comments:

  1. I love your fresco. It is beautiful. I really liked the pic of the woman with a cane. I am glad you are finally full. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mama :] Its interesting to actually get to create a fresco. Thank you. I got it when she was walking by. I think she knew I took it. Me too. I want to take you to an aperitivo when you visit :]

    ReplyDelete