Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ask questions, Ask Questions, ASK QUESTIONS

I get my boarding passes and go through security and customs.  I finally get my first stamp on my passport since they forgot when I entered the country...?  I wait at my gate and have a salad and my last Orangina since it is a pain to get in the States. 



The flight to Dublin only take an hours and its beautiful to land as the sun is rising.  Getting though US customs is a pain in my ass  but at least I get to experience the beautiful Irish accent!  We board our next flight from Dublin to Chicago.  I love this plane, isle seat and touche screen tv's on the back of each seat with new releases and tv choices (Aer Lingus if you are interested in the airline)  I sleep for six hours then watch a movie.  Nest up Chicago.  O'Harre is huge!  And I am confused!  They said my luggage would be transferred but I look at the carousel and its not there.  I have to take a tram from terminal 5 to 1 to get my boarding pass.  I guess I'll just cross my fingers my luggage in on the next plane.  Thank God I can finally call my parents so they can walk me through the luggage ordeal.  A world of advise, write everything and I mean everything down and ask questions.  airports are no place for pride-fulness.  Also if you are traveling abroad have internet access and a credit card for emergencies...or super awesome parents and a lot of patients.  When it come sot living abroad go with the flow but when it comes to traveling there is no amount of neurotic-ism and preparedness that is over the top.  Seriously.  I get my boarding pass and go through security yet again.  When I get to my gate I ask about my check bag and it IS on the plane.  Another word of advise - keep all paperwork!  Receipts, tickets, etc until you  have all your times and are at your final destination.  I board and yay another isle seat although by now it doesn't matter to me anymore.  If I have to hear another plane safety speech i might scream.  I think by now I could ace a pop quiz on it.  I'm almost home.  I just want a shower!  But then it will be back to getting ready for Italy.  O well, all I am focued on right now is getting home and getting my bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment