Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...

January 4th

I had a bad feeling all night.  I  thought it was just lack of sleep and flight jitters.  always trust the guyt is today's lesson. 

Shena and I catch the first bus that comes to the train station.  I am crossing my fingers that we can make the 6:15 but thanks to a late bus we don't make it and have to take the 6:50.  This is gonna cut it close.  Its odd to be on this train.  I am one of the only few awake.  We arrive at the Gare du Nord at eight.  I am hoping the metro only takes 15 minutes but as I frantically scour the map I see there are elven stops before CDG.  I start to panic.  Each stop is irritating and seems to take forever.  Shena tries to reassure me but I already know we have made a grave miscalculation.  Forty five minutes later we spring though CDG to the American Airlines desk to find that is it too late.  I start balling my eyes out.  I just want to go home and now I am too late for the plane!  Shen says she will fix it because all I can do is cry and shake.  We email my dad form her phone hoping he can help fix this then get a train bakc to Amien to wait for his response.  Half way Shena realizes we are on the wrong train so we get off and wait to buy tickets for a new train and as we are waiting the 12:30 to Amien leaves.  Ow we must wait another hour!





 
I just want to get home.  We get back to Amien and text my mom and ad to get things work doubt.  I email my dad as soon as I missed my flight at three am State time.  I didn't think he would get it until 8 or 9 when he was at work but apparently he got it then because when we get back Shena's aim and my mail box are flooded with worried messages.  Eventually we figure out that I cannot get a refund or switch tickets so my dad has to buy a new one - $1400!  Great...not to mention he is furious with me.  All I can do is cry and promise to pay him back when I can.  This, my laptop ad the expenses and stresses of getting ready for Italy are going to make the next three weeks just peachy.  Eventually I can't take it.   NO sleep, no food and the stress of it all has taken its toll.  I sleep for two hours before we have to catch the last bust to the train station ans wait almost two hours for our train to Pairs.  And the bathrooms are closed!  We sit in the cold and play solitaire waiting.  I'm starting to understand why people hate France!  But I am bound and determined to make the best of everything.  Even if the only good thing I can see isn't this particular instance is chalking the matter up to experience.  Not particularly thrilled about being in minor debt but I'll deal with that when I need to .  We board the train and arrive in Paris at 11:30.  I keep my fingers crossed that the metro can take us to CDG but there seems to be a reoccurring theme of dashing my last hopes and once again this prevails.  So now we must wait on the platform until the first train in the morning...five hours from now. 




I really miss my car right now.  Reliable and always available.  On the bright side, I will be four and 1/2 hours early for my flight.  I'm not quite sure what I can do for the next five hours to keep from falling asleep or freeing.  This will defiantly make one hell of a funny story one day, not today thought.  I have only slept two hours in the past day and a half and I'm running on 1/2 a chocolate bar and anxiety.  My head feels heavy and while not a throbbing headache, I defiantly have a faint headache, maybe masked by my verve on delirium.  I cannot wait to just get home.  I d hope I can sleep on the flight from Dublin to Chicago.  I ave a sneaking suspicion I won't though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment