Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dirty Hat on the Platform Floor

January 5th

Just when you are settled and thinking, at least it can't get any worse, it does.  Because the Gare du Nord closes at 1 and don't open again until 4:30, we are forced to wait outside....in the rain.  I wish I was making this up but sadly I'm not.  I now know what it feels like to be homeless, curled up in a dirty corner, attempting to temporarily escape the elements.  I never knew how much I could want a cardboard box.  I just want to cry and maybe throw up.  I don't want to say, it can't get any worse because it just might.  I'll just hold my breath for the next three hours and pray we don't get robbed or arrested somehow.  WE watch half a movie on Shena's laptop before it dies.  Only an hour and a half left.  I become terrified, thought i try to hide it, when two men (I'm assuming they were intoxicated) start throwing glass bottles in front of the Gare du Nord.  Shena and I move to the doors to wait.  Here another traveling lesson - learn how to turn down incessant French men.  I told him, IN FRENCH, several time I didn't not speak french or understand yet he kept at it.  Finally I've had enough of being sexually harassed  and tell him to top and go away (again in broken french).  He then preceded to, as I'm told, say very insulting things about my mother and swear in English...which just makes me giggle - gangster wannabe.  Finally the train station opens and we go to wait for the metro to CDG.  I have to catch the metro because of time constraints so I say goodbye to Shena on the platform.  I have take a train to Terminal 1 and finally I am where I need to be... four and a half hours  early.  I have to wait for the airline desk to open at seven thirty to get my boarding passes. I wish i could nap t but i can't use my phone as an alarm clock so I have to stay awake.  I am still praying things go smoothly.  Yesterday seems like a dream.   Everything is fuzzy because I still haven't slept but I don't yet feel fatigues.  Still running on anxiety I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment