Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Last Day

January 3rd

I wake up at one and Shena has left for her final.  Unfortunatley it lasts longer than expected and we canot make it to Paris but htis does not touble me, only gives me an excuse to come back to see the catacombs and the Louvre and hopefully get to other things we missed.  When she returns we go to the Gare du Nord to buy my ticekt fo r tomorrow and grab some dinner.   The rest of the night we relax and watch movies and even Skype Sarah.  We don't sleep.  Whats the point when I fall asleep anywhere between three and six and I have to get up at five.  I appreciate this experience.  It not only has given my the chance to see my best friend after almost four months apart but now I have seen Europe (well a very small part of it).  I must remember that things are very different than home. 









The concept of 24 hours doesn't exist here!  But I have experience with ordering things in a foreign language, asking questions, cancelled flights, nerves, panicking, jet lag, a screwed up sleep schedule, buses and trains, being stared at, culture shock, travelers indigestion, going with the flow and a taste of loneliness.  I know going away will be hard but I'm going to try to make the most of it....maybe I can Skype my therapist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment